Overcoming Racism: Awakening, Woke, Taking Command
February 25, 2019 │ Presented by the Facilitating Racial Equity Collaborative
The institute is designed to empower educational leadership teams to sharpen their critical consciousness and their ability to drive real, sustainable, systemic change in their organization.
- Deepening participants’ understanding of their own racial identity and the influence of the racial identity on their leadership and decision-making
- Learning from student voices
- Gaining insight from educational leaders who have “taken command”
- Applying practical tools to help drive change in their organization
- Working with a facilitator to develop or refine action plans to address a challenge in the team’s local setting (this includes a pre- and post-meeting in addition to work during the Institute)
Who Should Attend? K-12 and higher education leadership teams who have already made a commitment and undertaken actions to advance educational equity. The team should at least include a representative of the governing body, executive team, faculty leaders and team working on equity.
What is the Cost? $1,100 per team of four; $50/person for additional team members.
Partial and full scholarships available if needed.
Deadline: Application deadline was December 7, 2018
Sponsors: Facilitating Racial Equity Collaborative (FREC), Bush Foundation, and Minnesota Private Colleges Council